COMMUNITY organizations planning to host monthly youth events are invited to collaborate and ask for up to Â£ 10,000 to help them do so.
‘Wirral Youth weekenders’ is a new initiative, which is part of the improved counseling support offer for young people.
Funding will be spread over nine neighborhoods in the borough to fund 10 monthly event weekends (around Â£ 1,000 per weekend).
A council spokesperson said: âThe new program follows a consultation in which more than 3,000 young people gave their views on how they wanted to shape the future of Wirral’s youth service.
âProviding access to facilities closer to home was a key element in the feedback from the young people who participated.
“For the Weekenders Project, community, faith and volunteer groups are encouraged to work together to provide creative and inclusive activities for young people aged 11 and over, on the last weekend of each month from September 2021. Â£ 10,000 are available by neighborhood and by group are encouraged to submit a joint tender where possible. ”
The neighboring districts are:
- Birkenhead A (Bidston and St James, Claughton, Birkenhead and Tranmere)
- Birkenhead B (Prenton, Oxton, Rock Ferry)
- South Wirral A (Bebington)
- South Wirral B (Bromborough, Eastham)
- Wallasey A (Leasowe and Moreton East, Moreton West and Saughall Massie)
- Wallasey B (Wallasey, New Brighton)
- Wallasey C (Liscard, Seacombe)
- West Wirral A (Hoylake and Meols, Greasby, Frankby and Irby, West Kirby and Thurstaston)
- West Wirral B (Heswall, Pensby & Thingwall, Upton)
There are five âmust havesâ for event apps, they should:
- Be inclusive
- Be funny
- Encourage social interactions
- Be collaborative
- Be creative
Activities must take place on Saturday and Sunday, starting on the last weekend of September 2021 and ending on the last weekend of June 2022.
The project is funded by the Wirral Council and coordinated by the partner organization Edsential.
Groups with creative ideas can apply online.
The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday July 27, 2021.
Anyone with questions or requests for further assistance can contact [email protected]