The Daisy Auxiliary held its annual membership meeting and luncheon on June 28 at the Soquel Congregational Church. Members were able to meet in person for the first time in three years and were treated to a lunch of salads and desserts provided by Daisy Board members.
Additionally, the following members who served the Daisy for at least 10 years were recognized: Karla Nigh, Susan Cellarius, Diane Emigh, Pat Cavalier, Pat Duncan, De Anne Alcorn, Gloria Dioszegi, Ellen Nielsen and Shirley Moser.
The Daisy was founded in 1967 to raise funds in support of counseling, suicide prevention, senior citizen awareness and support programs of the Central Coast Family Services Agency. Last fiscal year, The Daisy was pleased to donate a total of $98,000 to FSA.
Additionally, Auxiliary Daisy announced her partnership with the Santa Cruz Symphony League for a tea and fashion show fundraiser from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 5 at Holy Cross Hall, 170 High St., Santa Cruz. This event also includes a silent auction, vendors and entertainment. For information, visit la-marguerite.org Where www.santacruzsymphony.org.
Red Cross pays tribute to residents
On June 6, the Central Coast Chapter of the American Red Cross honored 16 residents and a community partner at its annual recognition event — held virtually this year — for volunteers from Monterey, San Benito and County chapters. Santa Cruz.
At the event, Jamshid Kiani received the chapter’s highest honor, the Clara Barton Award for Meritorious Leadership. Named after the founder of the Red Cross, the award recognizes a volunteer for their years of service in various leadership positions.
During her seven years as a Red Cross volunteer, Kiani gained both experience and leadership in multiple disaster roles. He has 46 disaster response deployments under his belt, including two extended deployments to the Virgin Islands and Oregon. In Northern California, he works with the Regional Response Management Team and is a disaster response instructor for new Red Cross disaster response teams and volunteers. This award honors Kiani’s continued dedication to the mission of the Red Cross and its Fundamental principles.
In addition to the Clara Barton Award for Meritorious Leadership, the following awards were presented to local volunteers:
• Community Involvement Award: Megan Erk, Santa Cruz.
• Disaster Cycle Services: Outstanding Commitment and Dedication Award: Pamela Breslin, Monterey.
• Disaster Cycle Services – Extraordinary Leadership: Jamshid Kiani, Santa Cruz.
• Biomedical Services – Donor Ambassador Program: Marilyn Martin, Santa Cruz, and Penny Mount, Monterey.
• International Services – International Services Award: Mia Fahad, Monterey.
• Armed Forces Service Award: Barry Elkins, Monterey, and William “Sully” Sullivan, Santa Cruz.
• New Volunteer Award: Victor Rios, Monterey.
• Teamwork and Collaboration Award: Dan Kemper, Monterey, and Patsy Gasca, Monterey.
• Organizational Support Services Award: Linnea Dunn, Monterey/Santa Cruz, and John Crepeau, San Benito.
• Good Neighbor and Partnership Award: South County McDonald’s Franchise, owned by Martin Guerrero. of Monterey, and Harrison Livesay, Monterey.
• Youth Services Award: Nicole Muñoz, Monterey.
• Volunteer of the Year Award: Ann Bennett Young, Santa Cruz.
While the annual recognition event highlights several key Red Cross volunteers, it is designed to recognize and honor the work of all local volunteers who devote many hours of service to the Red Cross and their communities. local.
A story to tell, an event to report, a price to announce? Say the name is dropped. Email [email protected] The abandonment of names is published on Sundays and Mondays in the Sentinel.