The favorites and triple national champions Karthik Maruthi and Sankar Anand of Erode had to settle for a second place and a fourth overall while another pair of TNs, Keerthy Prasad and his co-driver Sakthivel did well to win the second place in the general classification of day 1.
But it was the ladies, Aparna Pathak and Lalitha Gowda, the technicians from Bengaluru, who maintained average speeds as they not only won the ladies class in both heats, but beat many mainstays in the process and even won. the corporate class in the first round in addition to three more podiums.
Utsav de Hampi: the best national drivers and riders in contention for the TSD Nationals
Mangalore duo Ashwin Pinto and Sandeep D’Silva returned to beat Pruthvi Reddy and co-driver Anoop KV, after losing to the latter in the first round to become the Stars of Karnataka.
The father-son duo of Anil and Amal Abbas won the Corporate category in the second round. Col Joshua and Anita won a double in the Couple category.
Earlier, Neha Tiwary, Head of Communications, JK Tire, and Santosh HM Rohit Gowda and Karan Rajesh of Vijayanagar Motorsports Academy, reported on Sunday the Hampi Rally, Utsav’s first event from Hampi to the Royal Orchid.
Dr Shalini Rajneesh Reports INRRC from JK Tire in Bangalore
“But it was Karnataka Tourism’s road safety concept that emphasized motorsports and the Department of Youth Empowerment and Sports (DYES) rightly helped make Utsav a Hampi as part of the district’s inaugural festival, “said Shivayogi Kalsad, IAS, MD, KSRTC, who honored the winners with Sunny from JK Tires and Umesh Kulkarni from Royal Orchid.
All the competitors were unanimous in congratulating the local Motorsports Academy organizers of Vijayanagar, in particular Santosh, Rohit and their efficient teams, on a well organized event.
“We love coming to Hampi because the events are exciting and well organized,” said Aparna Pathak, a technician from TCS and her navigator Lalitha Gowda from HCL, nodded in agreement.
The next of the four events will be Hampi’s Utsav, an exciting all-terrain 4X4, ahead of the Indian National Rally Championship two-wheeler arriving at the heritage site.
1. Vinay Kumar BP / Ravi Kumar BM (Bengal) (00:34); 2. Keerthy Prasad / Sakthivel (00:48); 3. Sandeep Mukherjee / Prakash M (0:50).
1. Vinay Kumar BM / Ravi Kumar BM (00:34); 2. Jaiprashanth Venkat / Sugumaran (01:15); 3. Aparna Pathak / Lalitha Gowda (01:24).
1. Aparna Pathak / Lalitha Gowda (01:24); 2. Jasmeet Ka
ur / Jyothi Iyengar (01:50); 3. Dr Pruthvi / Dr Deepthi Pruthvi (03:16).
Star of Karnataka:
1. Ashwin Pinto / Sandeep D’Silva (01:12); 2. Pruthvi Reddy N / Anoop KV (02:08); 3. Dilnith / Lohith (3:30 am).
1. Joshua / Anita (4:48); 2. David Sharon / Sampath (5:00 am).
1. Anil Abbas / Amal Abbas (01:02); 2. Aparna Pathak / Lalitha Gowda (01:24); 3. Jasmeet Kaur / Jyothi Iyengar (01:50);
1. Santhosh Kumar / Nagarajan (00:36); 2. Karthick Maruthi / S Sankar Anand (01:10); 3. Jaiprashanth Venkat / Sugumaran (01:19).
1. Jaiprashanth Venkat / Sugumaran (01:19); 2. Aparna Pathak / Lalitha (01:36); 3.Vinay Kumar BM / Ravi Kumar BM (01:42).
1. Aparna Pathak / Lalita (01:36); 2. Jasmeet Kaur / Jyothi Iyengar (04.24); 3. Dr Pruthvi / Dr Deepthi Pruthvi (07.50).
1. Aparna Pathak / Lalita (01:36); 2. Anil Abbas / Amal Abbas (03:28); 3. Umashankar / Vishwak Kasturi (03:36).
1. Joshua / Anita (4:46); 2. David Sharon / Sampath (5:30 am).
Star of Karnataka:
1. Pruthvi Reddy N / Anoop KV (02:08); 2. Ashwin Pinto / Sandeep D’Silva (04:08); 3. Dilnith / Lohith (06:56).
(Source: Press release)
Receive last minute alerts.